Thursday, July 2, 2009

GOD Bless America

I am so tired of the group of people who hang around the main corner down town with their signs that say 'HONK FOR PEACE' or 'BRING OUR TROOPS HOME' or 'END THE WAR'. Do they not realize that we have to defend our country? While I don't agree that Bush started this over the 'mass weapons' possibility, I believe he really wanted to strike back for the 9/11 disaster, without those men and women overseas, these people would not even have the right to congregate on that corner. It is their right, I am just tired of it.

The freedom to do what we do is what it is all about. Regardless of where you fit on the thought scale about the war, you have the right to feel, think and act on it however the law allows. If standing on the corner suits your style, go for it. I am still tired of it.

Those people that died in 9/11 were casualty of a war, one that was not started by us, but was aimed at us, the United States of America. There is no question of this fact. There are those that hate Americans, can't stand Americans and plot against Americans. This was directed toward Americans. I am proud to be an American.

I am further proud of the men and women who serve our country. These are the people who loved our land, our people, our country so much that they made the decision to protect 'US' at a cost. To some, that cost may very well be there life. How does a person say Thank You? It is hard. The prayers I say for them are small in comparison to the prayers that they need to get through this, sustain the strength to overcome the things they have seen, been through and will feel for the rest of their lives.

I live in a great and wonderful country.
Thank you to those that serve this country.
Thank you to those that gave their lives on behalf of my country.
Those people on the corner, they thank you too.

No comments: