Monday, November 10, 2008

WHOOOOSHH!!!!

I felt the bite of old man winter this past weekend. I traveled to KC area with several of my friends to just meet and hang together. We had lunch and then went to Weston, Missouri, a small historic town north of KC with a lot of little shops. We traveled in and out with some of us purchasing something and others just looking around. By the end of the afternoon, we were cold from the wind so we ended up in the cafe for an early dinner, afterwhice we traveled down the road (by foot) to watch the official lighting of the Christmas tree (yes, Christmas is coming soon!) but the wind was so cold that we lasted just a few minutes. There were reading The Polar Express from the back of a caboose and we had to move to keep warm not to mention that the baby didn't like it when we stopped! We met back in Independence for those of us who needed to travel back East to congregate. Of all places, we met at the Bass Pro (thank Laura for that one!). It worked out very well as they had a Christmas tree set up (see, I told you it was coming) next to the fireplace and we had our picture taken. It was great!

It is dark when I leave work now, another sign that winter is coming. I will get use to it but I am less likely to stay at work longer with the dark nights. My office just isn't in the best of places and I just feel the need to NOT be there when it is dark!

I will be getting three of my nieces this weekend. Birthday pictures will be taken at Sear's even though one is really late (Ginny's birthday was in May). Oh well, life moves on!

1 comment: