Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, the start of a new week!

It is Sunday and I find myself needing to go to the office. Some days, I feel that the work load will never end and they will find me buried beneath claims. Usually, I don't mind doing a little extra, but I feel like I have being doing extra for a few weeks now and the feeling is getting old. Perhaps it is knowing that I have two buckets of claims to review in my office, knowing that we are behind in general and basically just not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, I do know that we always manage to climb out of this slump and with a holiday on the 13th (Columbus day), we will probably get there later than sooner unfortunately.

My day yesterday was a good day. Tanya, Ascanio and I drove to Kathy's house dropped her MK order, drove on to Jackie's house, dropped her mom's MK order off and Tanya was able to feed and change Ascanio at both places. I enjoyed visiting with both of these ladies and where at Jackie's, I met Isaac (sorry if I didn't spell that correctly Jackie!), Ashleigh's son, who is now 2 years old. Even though I have been to Jackie's since he was born and seen lots of pictures of him, this is the first time I have met him in person. Christopher, Isaac's brother has grown and it so friendly, he sat right down next to Tanya and visited with her as if he knew all about her. It was so cute!

We moved onto to the outlet mall...it was wild and so full of people. But there were some very cute items there that were reasonably priced. I managed to pick up 5 different Christmas presents while there, so I am happy. I just need to go back and find some more stores that I didn't get a chance to visit and go back to the ones that I did! We managed to find an ice cream store too - so you know what that means; yummy!!!

I did manage to accomplish something yesterday though - and it was major! When I am talking to Ascanio, I just say whatever and it just comes out of my mouth. Imagine my dismay when a few of the 'pet' names (for a baby, not necessarily for Ascanio) was offensive enough that Tanya expressed her distaste. Again, they just rolled off my tongue with no thought. Tanya felt that they were not 'masculine' enough...okay first, I have 8 nieces and one nephew so I guess any name I used were probably more feminine rather than masculine. Second, I am not trying to make that sweet little baby a 'MAN' or a 'WOMAN' yet in any case, I am just having conversation. One would assume that as he ages, the 'baby' talk would be eliminated and the pet names would not be used. SO, I have to make an effort now to NOT say the ones that she found offensive. It is hard to curb my instincts in more way than one! HOWEVER, I triumphed last night when I called Ascanio 'Mister A' and got the mother seal of approval. Very Major!

I have some where to go every weekend this month. I like to travel and I am grateful that the cost of gas dropped down. It makes me more willing to get in the van (a gas guzzler) and move across one side of the state to the other. This weekend, I filled up in Columbia before leaving at $3.19 a gallon and saw it at the Lake for $3.03 a gallon. Wow! That is cheap I thought. I can remember when Hurricane Katrina hit and gas jumped to $3.00 or more a gallon - I thought that was high! How far we have come.

Next weekend is a trip to Marshall as they are having Football in Pink where the players will play the game in white jersey's with pink numbers in honor of Breast Cancer awareness. They are also having a benefit before the game where you get dinner, t-shirt, special program, and entrance all to raise money for breast cancer. Since my mom is a breast cancer survivor for over 30 year, I am all for this! So I am leaving a little early to meet my parents to go to the dinner and game together. This should be fun. I understand that it is the first of this type of event in Missouri. I hope that it will be a tradition - I would love to have something my family supports as a group on behalf of my mom.

The following weekend, I am heading to St. Louis for a 15th birthday party for Oliva, the daughter of my friend Lisa. It is a big deal - a Quinceanera is like a coming out party or debutant ball for Oliva. I am combining the trip to take Tita to the airport as well. She is flying down to Florida where Monica lives. I think I will be picking her up and combining that trip with a visit with Marcy. We have not finalized this yet, but I think we are leaning toward this possibility.

Then the last weekend of the month, I will be going to Kansas City, where my sister is having a dinner for the family. It just so happens that Eric will be home from the Naval Base in Washing that week as well. Kaycie's birthday is on the 24th and my dad's is on the 31st - so this will be a little celebration of many things. Ashley will be the only missing family member this time. One day, we will all get together again!

Well, work awaits...sigh.

No comments: