Friday, October 3, 2008

Jack and Jill

Jackie and I go way back! I have always admired her adventureous nature, her take on life, her positive outlook and her give-them-hell-harry attitude. I carry her in my heart and she makes me smile. She is a lot like me in that she believes it doesn't do any good to whine about things you can't change; if you want anything done, you almost have to do it yourself; plant your feet on the ground when you get first get up and smile; and most of all, we love our family. Why is this irrelevant? I am going to see Jackie tomorrow.

Jackie has been a single mom almost most of her life, even when she was married to whats-his-name. She has three lovely daughters that I love! They are all three very much like her, yet very different. Ashleigh, the oldest; Savannah, the middle child, and then Caitlyn, the 'baby'. Ashleigh has two sons, a single mom, wants to learn life her way! Savannah, the new fiancee, who has moved to the big city of St. Louis and loves people. Caitlyn, is in college and has been making plans for her future. All three are very well mannered, have positive outlook on life, and are wonderful adults.

It is sad really, sometimes I feel like I saw her more when she lived in Denver. But this year, she and I have worked hard on making sure we see each other more. We have had two road trips this year, and I have been to her house for this and that a couple of times. I know that we won't get to visit long enough and always leave her, thinking I can't wait to see her again.

Jackie has been very fortunate to find David, but she had to go to Texas to find him. Maybe that is my problem in finding someone. I have to go outside the 'box' (meaning Missouri) and find my guy. Oh, yeah like that is going to happen. David is very laid back. He WANTS his girls to be happy (in addition to Jackie and her three girls, he has two of his own). Jackie's daughters LOVE David and I certainly can see why. He has managed to step right into that family and made a niche for himself among the lace, candles, perfume, and other girl things (and there are a LOT of them). I consider myself lucky to have David in my life too.

I can't wait for the next Jack and Jill road trip! We REALLY need to do this again.

No comments: